Re: [SLE] Running Gnome Application
  • From: "Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D." <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:13:08 -0400
At 02:30 PM 5/17/2004, you wrote:
> I thought one of the main strengths of the OS was that you could run
> Gnome apps if you were using KDE or vice versa, provided of course that
> you had the Gnome libraries loaded.

Applications yes, but both DEs have their own panel, which can have
special mini-applications called applets embedded within them.

OK, this is understandable. Is it possible to run the gnome panel inside (or on (?)) KDE.

If this is the case, how do I start it, the gnome panel, that is?

There is also the freedesktop.org "Notification Area" standard, which
both DEs support, but this is for icons that can be used to control full
applications (like the System Tray in a certain less-free strain of OSs)
--
James Ogley, UNIX Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx +44 (0) 20 8731 3619 www.pinnacle.co.uk