Firewire/USB external hard drives? I got nuthin'
  • From: David Krider <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:53:10 -0500
I have a nice Adaptec FW/USB 2.0 card, and a Maxtor drive mounted in an
external chassis with an Oxford chipset. Everything should be jake,
right? 9.0 couldn't see the drive with USB, but it did with FW. Now, 9.1
can't see this drive with either. What's the deal? Once again, Windows
2000 (that's right, the one that's over 4 years old now) has ZERO
problems reading this drive with USB. Heck, I even looked at the drive
in Windows, moved it over to Linux, and now the kernel won't even see it
being plugged in any more. I see a lot of problems with external hard
drives on this list. Are they ANY out there that will work with SuSE
without any hassles?

Why aren't we even living in the *past* yet?

dk

< Previous Next >