From: listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 12:14 PM
To: peter Nikolic
Cc: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 and Nvidia from YAST = Nothing

For me it did not work to install them through YAST.

Go to the nvidia site and download the
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run shar archive. Also read this
http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.

Things to be aware of ...

Boot into the machine at runlevel 3 and log in as root.

Make sure you have installed a full set of kernel sources BEFORE you run
the shar script as it needs the kernel headers to compile the driver
module.

The sax2 step takes a LONG time. During that time there is no progress
indicator just a total blank screen. I have a 2.5GHz Pentium and the
first time I aborted because I thought it was hung ... JUST WAIT.

When you are successful you should see the Nvidia splash screen for a
second before the X splash screen.

Hope this helps
john