RE: [SLE] 9.1 and Speedtouch usb modem (stingray type)
  • From: "Catimimi" <Catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:26:28 +0200

I use this modem with this last configuration with SuSE 9.0 without problem,
I get the following log :

Status is: disconnected
trying to connect to smpppd
connect to smpppd
Status is: disconnected
Status is: lurking
pppd[0]: Plugin pppoatm.so loaded.
pppd[0]: PPPoATM plugin_init
pppd[0]: Plugin passwordfd.so loaded.
pppd[0]: PPPoATM setdevname - remove unwanted options
pppd[0]: PPPoATM setdevname_pppoatm - SUCCESS:8.35
pppd[0]: Using interface ppp0
pppd[0]: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500
pppd[0]: Couldn't increase MRU to 1500
pppd[0]: local IP address 192.168.99.1
pppd[0]: remote IP address 192.168.99.99

But no success with 9.1, here is the log :

Status is: disconnected
trying to connect to smpppd
connect to smpppd
Status is: disconnected
Status is: lurking
pppd[0]: Plugin pppoatm.so loaded.
pppd[0]: Plugin passwordfd.so loaded.
pppd[0]: Using interface ppp0
pppd[0]: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500
pppd[0]: Couldn't increase MRU to 1500
pppd[0]: Couldn't setup demand-dialled ppp interface : inappropriate ioctl
for device

The plugin doesn't init !!

Michel