Re: [SLE] Running Gnome Application
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:36:11 +0200
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
At 04:19 PM 5/15/2004, you wrote:

James Ogley wrote:

I would like to run the gnome application gweater-applet-2 on my KDE3.2.2
desktop. I've found the executable in /opt/gnome/libexe, at least I thought
it was the executable, but it doesn't want t run.

GNOME applets are designed to run on a GNOME panel, so without the GNOME
desktop running, they won't work.

Is there a similar thing for the KDE Kicker?

Don't now gweather, but i assume it is the same as kwaether. This applet is part of the 'toys' kde package.

No, they're not the same. The gnome application has a page for a radar picture (which is the feature in which I am interested)
sorry just coming into this now.

I thought one of the main strengths of the OS was that you could run Gnome apps if you were using KDE or vice versa, provided of course that you had the Gnome libraries loaded.

Excuse me for requiring an explanation but it will only lead to a better understanding by all concerned.

Hylton
--
The Little Helper
Hylton Conacher - Licenced Windows user