Re: [SLE] short fizzing sound
  • From: The Purple Tiger <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:15:44 +0100
On Monday 17 May 2004 17:09, Thom Nuzum wrote:
> I have had a short fizzing sound in 9.1 every now and then
> (fizz,fizz,fizz,fizz,stop)
> The problem is that my screen in KDE stretches a little everytime and
> it has become very annoying. I have a seperate sound card and NVIDIA
> card, but am using the system sound board. It's the same if I use
> card or on board sound.
Is the fizzing coming from the speakers?
Just a bit of a random thought, but are you using a CRT (Monitor) or a
TFT style display?

If the CRT gets dusty/is in damp conditions, the HT(high tension, the
25kv used for the tube :)) can pre-arc (ions dissipate over the
junction, like in an ioniser), causing electrical noise [a fizz] which
may get amplified by the soundcard. This could also affect the display
as it could affect the magnetic coils around the tube.

Or it could be something else ^_^ :)

Just a thought.

Jon