Printing from Mozilla/Firefox in 9.1
  • From: Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:58:13 -0500
Hello,

When I installed 9.1, YaST correctly detected and configured my hp deskjet as hp_deskjet895.

I went into the KDE Control Center and set 3 up instances for this printer, called 'color', 'gray', and 'photo'. I tested the instances in the Control Center, and all 3 printed correctly. I then went into Mozilla/Firefox about:config, under print.printer_list, and added color, gray, and photo. In the Mozilla/Firefox print properties, I entered: lpr-cups ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME} However, when I try printing to any of these 3 instances from Mozilla/Firefox, nothing prints. I also tried changing 'lpr-cups' to 'lpr', but this didn't help either.

Printing works fine from Open Office, although I noticed that Open Office lists only KPrinter, Generic Printer, and <hp_deskjet895c>. It doesn't list the color, gray, and photo instances.

Does anyone have any suggestions for printing in Mozilla/Firefox? Do the settings listed above look correct? Thanks very much.

Dom