Re: [SLE] what imap server to use? (SuSE 9.1)
  • From: "Amish Munshi" <amish_munshi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:05:49 +0530

On Mon, 17 May 2004 21:16:57 +0400, "Vitaly Shishakov"
<shift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> dear all.
>
> I am about to do a little upgrade in my lab (several computers with one
> mail- and file- server). I am thinking about what IMAP-server to use.
>
> currently we use wu-imapd, but i am not quite satisfied with it.
> for example -- KMail's groupware functionality seems not working
> with it (is it wu-imapd's, kmail's or mine bug?)
> and besides -- when i set a mail client on a brand new location
> to work with it -- (like outlook express or kmail) -- when first logging
> into the account -- it starts looking for mail folders in whole the home
> directory -- it bores when you connect via dial-up :-)

hello viraly, I prefer a complete courier setup, it is stable, and
integates well with all its components (webmail, IMAP, POP, MTA,
MDA, etc). I also prefer qmail with qpoper if the load is very
large.
I have setup a postfix (Maildir) with courier-imap as well. It works
well under load. Choice will be yours, I would suggest courier
setup else postfix and courier-imap.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely differentÂ…