what imap server to use? (SuSE 9.1)
  • From: Vitaly Shishakov <shift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:16:57 +0400
dear all.

I am about to do a little upgrade in my lab (several computers with one
mail- and file- server). I am thinking about what IMAP-server to use.

currently we use wu-imapd, but i am not quite satisfied with it.
for example -- KMail's groupware functionality seems not working
with it (is it wu-imapd's, kmail's or mine bug?)
and besides -- when i set a mail client on a brand new location
to work with it -- (like outlook express or kmail) -- when first logging
into the account -- it starts looking for mail folders in whole the home
directory -- it bores when you connect via dial-up :-)

right now i am thinking to chose between Cyrus-imap and courier-imap.
which is more preferable to use? what are the migration caveats, other than
converting m-box style mailboxes into mail-dir -- or what they use?

Thank you for any advice to be given in advance.

Vitaly.