Re: [SLE] Installing fonts on SLES 8
  • From: "Amish Munshi" <amish_munshi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:20:58 +0530
On Sun, 16 May 2004 22:45:35 -0600, "Angshuman Kanjilal"
<akanjilal@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install a true type font on SLES 8 through the K control
> center. It installs fine. When I apply that font to the desktop,
> changes
> get reflected immediately. So all seems to be okay so far.
>
> Now when I hit a URL (using Mozilla 1.6) that uses that font, the
> browser does not render text in this font.
>
> What could be wrong? (I changed the encoding, that didn't work)
>
> Incidentally, the same thing works great with SUSE Linux Professional
> 9.0.

hello agshuman, hunt for me, we have recently communicated regarding
some other topic. Anyways, try updating mozilla (SLES has very very
old Mozilla) begging for an upgrade. I hope that solves your problem.
Mozilla needs to be restarted after any changes to fonts.

love email again