A unwanted partition mounted
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:26:10 +0700
After bootup I find one of my DOS partitions mounted. Unmounting
requires root.
As far as I understood Linux, the mounting of partitions is done via
de fstab file. Have looked into the fstab and and for both dos
partitions the same text can be seen.

/dev/hda1 /drdos auto noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hdb2 /drdos_r auto noauto,user 0 0

/dev/hda1 can be mounted as usual, /dev/hdb2 is mounted after
rebooting and can not be unmounted from user.
Looks like the partition is mounted somewhere before fstab starts or?
How can I let /dev/hdb2 behave normal and in accordance with my
intentions (fstab)?

< Previous Next >