Re: [SLE] Wireless LAN card not working with 9.1
  • From: jim barnes <j10152@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:46:13 -0600
Jan Elders wrote:

Especially the last message "firmware atmel_at76c502.bin is missing, cannot start." is puzzling me.
I looked in this list service and on the Internet, but could not find any useful hints or solution.
Can anybody advise how to get that firmware installed, please ?

From the release notes of your install:

Wireless LAN Cards

Some wireless LAN cards (PrismGT, Centrino, Atmel, ACX100) need firmware to operate. Due to licensing issues we can not ship these firmware binaries. Please read /usr/share/doc/packages/wireless-tools/README.firmware for information on how to obtain and install the firmware.