Re: [SLE] Autologout from KDE/GNOME
  • From: John Coldrick <jc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 17 May 2004 10:43:30 -0400
On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 08:25, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> What I would like is a similar feature, but instead of simply locking
> the screen, it would cause the user to be logged out of the KDE or GNOME
> desktop.

I'm fairly certain there's no hidden feature for this - certainly there
would be a narrow range of people that would want this sort of behaviour
since it would likely cause more lost work than allow easier access.
I'm unclear why a user, desiring access and finding someone who left
their system logged in, couldn't just log out and then log in as
themselves. But *anyways*...;)

A quick google search turned up this evil page(note the distro):

http://www.aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec6idleout.html

which contains numerous options already developed.

Cheers,

J.C..

--
John Coldrick www.axyzfx.com Axyz Animation
Houdini/Renderman/Discreet 425 Adelaide St W