Re: [SLE] 9.1 Live CD won't boot working 8.1 pro system
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:35:43 -0400
On Monday 17 May 2004 09:39 am, BandiPat wrote:
> On Monday 17 May 2004 01:00 am, John Grant wrote:

> > > They put out a bug fix release several days ago. If you go to the
> > > mirror sites now, you will see that LiveCD-9.1-01.iso is what is
> > > on the ftp servers. I have gotten it to work just fine on a
> > > couple of machines so far. I had to use "safe settings" on my
> > > Sony laptop, which simply turned off the advanced power
> > > management features, something I commonly have to do with this
> > > laptop.
> >
> > That's the one I'm using.. I downloaded it Friday night.
> >
> > md5sum says:
> >
> > 9f4ed1bc6b3ee582bf593fde75d5db43 LiveCD-9.1-01.iso
> >
> > .. which is the same as what's on the 3 ftp mirrors I managed to
> > get to a few moments ago.
> >
> > Sorry, I probably should have included that info in my previous
> > post(s).
>
> ===========
>
> John,
>
> One thing I noticed in reading the Readme file was that this LiveCD
> needed lots of memory to work, at least 256mb. I know I tried the
> previous version on an old 500mhz Celeron that wouldn't work and will
> try this new one after downloading. It does have 256mb though, so
> I'll report back after trying it.
>
> The point I wanted to make though was the large ram requirement to
> use the 9.1 LiveCD. Sometimes the Readme files help sort out those
> pesky problems. ;o)
>
> Lee

Ok, seems the new version of the LiveCD still won't work with the old
Celeron Gateway! It does't even see the CD though, so I am not sure
what is going on with it. Or it sees it, but treats it as a
non-bootable CD and goes right to the regular Linux bootup. So at
least for this machine, the new LiveCD still doesn't work.

Lee
Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...