how great SuSE is: trying another distro you discover that...Slackware 9.1 can't find my /media/cdrom as SuSE can
  • From: Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva <adagilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:22:42 -0300
BACKGROUND==SuSE 8.0 just works fine to me. So I'm afraid of making some upgrade that can corrupt my system. I'm giving a chance to trying new kernels with newer Gnome and KDE: I decided to install Slackware 9.1.

THE PROBLEM==I have two devices for reading cd-rom:
/media/cdrom (in SuSE it points to my Creative 4x CD-ROM reader); and
/media/cdrecorder (in SuSE it points to my LG combo CD-RW + DVD-ROM)
Untill this moment I don't understand why Slackware 9.1 had found LG combo device as /mnt/cdrom and yet not found the another drive (Creative CD-ROM reader).
It was so easy with SuSE...Some ideas? (What had SuSE done automatically that shoudl be make manually in Slackware?)
a.

< Previous Next >