Re: [SLE] Apache2 and SSL SuSE 9.1
  • From: poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:01:31 +0200
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 06:21:20AM -0500, Robert Paulsen wrote:
> On Monday 17 May 2004 03:46, poeml@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Used Yast to enable SSL in the default configuration.
> > > Used Yast to tell apache to listen to port 443.
> > > Ran the command "/usr/bin/gensslcert".
> > > Ran the command "rcapache2 restart".
> > >
> > > Nothing in the above produced any error messages, but when I point my
> > > browser to https://localhost I get a "connection refused" message
> > >
> > > "netstat -lpn" shows that nobody is listening on 443.
> >
> > Check that APACHE_SERVER_FLAGS in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 contains SSL.
> > I'd suppose that Yast has added that, but you never know.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Yes, I did figure out that I could do that, as well as "rcapache2 start -DSSL". And

Aha, does that mean that YaST didn't do it? Interesting. Sounds like a
bug.

> I fixed one other thing. But I'm now having a new problem. Here is a copy of the
> message I posted about that...
>
> > Well, I finally got apache2 to come up with ssl.
> > (I had to add  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/server.crt to
> > ssl-global.conf.)

SSLCertificateFile can be different for virtual hosts, which is why it
is not in ssl-global.conf.

Check /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-ssl.template to see what else you
may want to configure for one virtual host.

> > Unfortunately, this cahses PHP to stop working!

What does "stop working" mean? How does it manifest itself?

> > What's the trick to getting *BOTH* SSL and PHP working together??

There is nothing special about it, normally :)

Check your virtual host setup ('httpd2 -S').

Peter