kdeinit: Kicker locks my USB stick /floppy disks / removable media !
  • From: Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbiesen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:53:53 +0200

Hi,

whenever I use the quick browser to access a file on my USB stick (
/media/sda1 ) it keeps a lock on the drive which prevents me from
unmounting it ... Possibly it keeps a cache of some sort. I tried a
sending a kill -1 to the process, but this causes the Kicker to die
leaving me without a Panel. I noticed this effect also for floppy disks.

When I start a separate konqueror process to browse my stick, I can
umount it normally when I stop the konqueror process.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance !

Peter

- --
Peter Van Biesen