Re: [SLE] No Touchpad
  • From: Jason <jglane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:10:00 +0100
On Monday 17 May 2004 07:48, Adolph & Sharon Weidanz wrote:
> C Hamel wrote:
> | On Sunday 16 May 2004 18:51, Jason wrote:
<snip>
> | would start loading other apps, and such, and it was a major pain, but
> | sometimes I want the capability.) Also, Synaptics isn't listed in the
>
> mouse
<snip>
> If you tried to configure the touchpad from yast->hardware->mouse, you
> won't find it. I found it in yast->hardware->graphics card and monitor,
> and from there 'change' on the graphic mode and look for inupt devices.

This is what I said in my original post. Select Synaptics-Touchpad in Sax2.

> I had to go into /etc/X11/XF86Config and the synaptic touhpad info and
> the usb mouse. I can send that portion of the file if you want.

Sax2 fills in /etc/X11/XF86Config with some default values for the Synaptics
driver. AFAIK to fine tune them, you need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config
manually. I found the default was very sensitive to tapping the pad. There's
some info with reference to Fedora, but the XF86Config stuff should be
relevent, at:
http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/redhat/fedora_1_synaptics_touchpad.html

HTH,

Jason