Installing fonts on SLES 8
  • From: "Angshuman Kanjilal" <akanjilal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:18:42 -0600
Hi,

I'm trying to install a true type font on SLES 8 through the K control
center. It installs fine. When I apply that font to the desktop, changes
get reflected immediately. So all seems to be okay so far.

Now when I hit a URL (using Mozilla 1.6) that uses that font, the
browser does not render text in this font.

What could be wrong? (I changed the encoding, that didn't work)

Incidentally, the same thing works great with SUSE Linux Professional
9.0.

Anyway idea what sequence of steps does the browser follow when it
tries to render a font ? (Like what configuration file, path, etc.)

Thanks
Angshuman
< Previous Next >