Re: [SLE] 9.1 Live CD won't boot working 8.1 pro system
  • From: Andy Prough <andylinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:35:30 -0500
On Sunday 16 May 2004 22:01, John Grant wrote:
> It does seem that perhaps the QA wasn't what it could have been on this
> one. It's certainly not what I've come to expect from SuSE.
>
> OTOH, they've had a lot going on over there in the past few months, and
> I've been happy with SuSE since 5.3. Personally, I'm willing to cut
> them some slack on this one. It can't be a good first impression for
> potential new customers who are trying out linux for the first time
> though.
>
> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 05:39:11PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> > That Live Eval CD is broken. Many people have problems with it. I've
> > tried it on 3 different systems and it failed on all of them. The
> > failures were different on each computer.
>
> [...]

They put out a bug fix release several days ago. If you go to the mirror sites
now, you will see that LiveCD-9.1-01.iso is what is on the ftp servers. I
have gotten it to work just fine on a couple of machines so far. I had to use
"safe settings" on my Sony laptop, which simply turned off the advanced power
management features, something I commonly have to do with this laptop.

Andy Prough
Austin, Texas