Re: [SLE] 9.1 Live CD won't boot working 8.1 pro system
  • From: John Grant <jmgrant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 20:01:33 -0700
It does seem that perhaps the QA wasn't what it could have been on this
one. It's certainly not what I've come to expect from SuSE.

OTOH, they've had a lot going on over there in the past few months, and
I've been happy with SuSE since 5.3. Personally, I'm willing to cut
them some slack on this one. It can't be a good first impression for
potential new customers who are trying out linux for the first time
though.

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 05:39:11PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> That Live Eval CD is broken. Many people have problems with it. I've
> tried it on 3 different systems and it failed on all of them. The
> failures were different on each computer.
[...]