Re: [SLE] Evolution
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 18:09:22 -0400
On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:15, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
> http://www-files.ximian.com/redcarpet2/suse-82-i586/
>
> Yet trying the online update it refused to find any new versions for suse
> 8.2??
>
> Is it only that their online update no longer supports 8.2?
>
> Are these all the files needed to update Evolution?
>
> I ask because I also have a PII and as yet no one has answered my
> questions as to running 9.1 on it.
>
> CWSIV

I did the Red Carpet Update on my 8.2, initially to get the latest
version of Evolution, I wanted the spell checking to finally work.
After a few tries including choosing the same mirror instead through the
choose another mirror option (why? because for some reason it wouldn't
work right!) I finally updated Evolution, but _BROKE_ Galeon. So I did
the install of Ximian DeskTop, and broke OpenOffice. Problem seems
that the updater removes the existing packages, but doesn't install the
new ones. So BEWARE, there be Dragons!!

Mike -- downloading the OpenOffice 9.1 source RPM's so I can have more
fun, until my wife takes my web browser away. :)

< Previous Next >