Re: [SLE] Evolution
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 23:38:22 +0200
On Saturday 15 May 2004 20.15, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
> http://www-files.ximian.com/redcarpet2/suse-82-i586/
>
> Yet trying the online update it refused to find any new versions for suse
> 8.2??
>
> Is it only that their online update no longer supports 8.2?

Which online update are you talking about? suse's? That has never supported
new versions of software in general, and certainly not from third parties

If you mean that you have red carpet installed, and don't see any updates in
there for a new version of red carpet, then the question is: are you
subscribed to the redcarpet2 channel? Click the channel icon and see

> Are these all the files needed to update Evolution?

red carpet isn't needed to install/update evolution, it just makes it much
easier to do so

> I ask because I also have a PII and as yet no one has answered my
> questions as to running 9.1 on it.

I just installed 9.1 on a PII, 300MHz, 64MB RAM. Worked like a charm, KDE and
all. A little on the slow side compared to more modern hardware naturally,
but fully usable.

< Previous Next >