CD-RW drives.
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 16:12:12 -0400
So far, until today, 9.1 Pro. Upgrade has worked perfectly. Today I did a
fresh install, except for /home. All is well for the box, including seeing
the DVD, which 9.0 wouldn't do, EXCEPT being able to burn a CD!! The box is
all IDE, no SCSI. Even K3B won't see the drive. As root, I can burn CDs...no
problem, but not as a user. I changed permissions on cdrecord, etc. but still
it's a "no go." Yes - I did setup XCDroast to allow all users.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)

< Previous Next >