provider DNS response slow after DHCP IP renewal
  • From: Patriiiiiiiiiick <pat.suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:57:47 +0200
Hello.

I have a networking issue. Sometimes, because I am switching from one comupter to another to connect to the net, my provider doesn't assign my IP address through DHCP. I go to the other computer (Windows), release the IP and restart the network on mine (SuSE8.2). I do get an IP address but the DNS is then VERY slow to respond. I think that a reboot solves this issue each time but I presume that it means there is another way to solve it.

Any hint knowing that I don't have the possibility to build/buy a router?

TIA!

Patrick