Re: [SLE] Re: icon text color
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:21:00 -0700

On Saturday 15 May 2004 06:51 pm, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> On Friday 14 May 2004 19:13, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > I have changed my background screen to a smoothly varying blue, from
> > top to bottom. But it makes the names of the icons, which are presently
> > in black, somewhat hard to read. There must be a way to change these
> > names to appear in white, or some other color. How? I have looked at
> > all the various available modification screens that I know about, but no
> > luck.
>
> I have received messages from Jos van Kan and Tony, but neither of these
> seems to address the question. One said Control Center > Desktop >
> Appearance; In 9.1 there is no word "Appearance" in that list. The other
> says right click desktop, under appearance normal color left click to
> change color. Well there is no "appearance> normal>color". I'm working
> with 9.1, that I have just installed. Does anyone who has 9.1 installed
> and working have an answer to how to change the color of the desktop icon
> labels to white, for instance? Thanx--doug

Ok, I had this problem and figured it out - New KDE has moved this.

Right click on desktop --> Configure Desktop --> Background. Under the image
of the monitor is a button "Advanced Options" --> click it. Now you'll see a
section "Background Icon Text" with 2 color buttons. One on top is the one
your likely looking for labeled "Text color:. Click it and set your Icon
text colors.

HTH, Curtis.

- --
Spammers Beware: Tresspassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

Warning: Individuals throwing objects at
the crocodiles will be asked to retrieve
them!

If pro is the opposite of con, then the
opposite of progress must be congress!

< Previous Next >