Re: [SLE] Mldonkey compile failure
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:17:03 -0500

On Saturday 15 May 2004 21:30, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 16 May 2004 04.18, C Hamel wrote:
> > Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this picture??
>
> For one thing, you're trying to compile things with suse 9.1 personal. The
> personal edition is not intended for people who compile things. It doesn't
> ship with any -devel packages, I didn't even think it shipped with
> autotools, gcc or make. It's clearly pointed out in the advertising. You
> bought the wrong version.
Your point is well taken. I am still a bit puzzled by the fact that on the
SuSE FTP site, v9 has the zlib-devel, et.al., listed and yet the 9.1
Personal has none of those. Does this mean that I will be able to d/l the
necessary devel libs at a later date from SuSE's FTP? It would seem so, if
v9 is any indication.
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365