Re: [SLE] Fonts very small after SuSE 9.0 update
  • From: Andre Truter <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 23:15:14 +0200
On Sat, 15 May 2004 16:58:44 -0400
Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Andre Truter wrote:
>
> > OK, I managed to find some documentation for the laptop and got the display size from there. Entered it into the XF86Config file.
> > Only difference I can see is the fonts in GDM. KDE apps still show the fonts small.
>
> > Unfortunately I have not managed to find the dpi setting yet.
>
> /etc/X11/Xresources may have nothing at all. Simply append an approriate
> line such as 'XFT.dpi: 108'. 'xdpyinfo | grep resolution' will give you
> the number you need.

Thanks. I got the dpi setting, but unfortunately it did not make a difference. :-/

> > Could this be a problem with the font server?
>
> AFAIK, it's actually the font server that needs these correctly set.

I'll see if I can find out what to change with the font server.

Thanks

--
Andre Truter Software Engineer Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 AIM: trusoftzaf http://www.trusoft.co.za

~ "Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We assimilated the Pooh!" ~