Re: [SLE] Fonts very small after SuSE 9.0 update
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:58:44 -0400
Andre Truter wrote:

> OK, I managed to find some documentation for the laptop and got the display size from there. Entered it into the XF86Config file.
> Only difference I can see is the fonts in GDM. KDE apps still show the fonts small.

> Unfortunately I have not managed to find the dpi setting yet.

/etc/X11/Xresources may have nothing at all. Simply append an approriate
line such as 'XFT.dpi: 108'. 'xdpyinfo | grep resolution' will give you
the number you need.

> Could this be a problem with the font server?

AFAIK, it's actually the font server that needs these correctly set.
--
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every
opportunity." Colossians 4:5 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/