Re: [SLE] Running Gnome Application
  • From: "Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D." <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:40:26 -0400
At 04:19 PM 5/15/2004, you wrote:

James Ogley wrote:

I would like to run the gnome application gweater-applet-2 on my KDE3.2.2
desktop. I've found the executable in /opt/gnome/libexe, at least I thought
it was the executable, but it doesn't want t run.

GNOME applets are designed to run on a GNOME panel, so without the GNOME
desktop running, they won't work.

Is there a similar thing for the KDE Kicker?

Don't now gweather, but i assume it is the same as kwaether. This applet is part of the 'toys' kde package.

No, they're not the same. The gnome application has a page for a radar picture (which is the feature in which I am interested)

Peter