Re: [SLE] Best way to get Quicktime plugin working under SuSE?
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 02:18:15 +1000
On Sun, 16 May 2004 02:00, Preston Crawford wrote:
> I know you can do this with mplayer, but I'm not sure if the mplayer
> version that ships with 9.1 supports this kind of playback. I also know
> you *could* do it with Crossover Plugin, but I'm not sure if any version
> of Crossover Plugin works yet with SuSE 9.0+. I remember reading about a
> problem and Fedora had a problem too. I think because of NTPL.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Preston

The Crossover Plugin is now incorporated into Crossover Office Pro now. There
is no longer a separate package. Crossover Office works with both SuSE 9.0 &
9.1 without any problems.

And from packman site regarding Mplayer Codecs.

w32codec-0.90-3.pm.0.i386.rpm
Win32 DLLs for decompression of AVI-Files, including Quicktime 6 and
RealPlayer DLLs.

http://packman.links2linux.org/index.php4?action=046

actual Home Page
http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/