Re: [SLE] OT How run program in another PC
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 05:59:22 -0500
AV wrote:
Hi,

my home internet is slow so I have trouble to download bigger files. But I have access to another PC in work via SSH with good internet. I would like to run wget command on that PC and disconnect leaving it working in bakground and getting files. How can I do that?
Thank You.

Audrius

From the command line: nohup <command> &

That will leave <command> running in the background after you logout.

--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.