Re: [SLE] Help! Samba Client w/ SuSE 9.1
  • From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <bb+shared.it.lists.suse-e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 05:10:51 +0000
Quoting Art Fore <afore@xxxxxxxxx>:

Worst thing is when I boot back into XP, I cannot login to the domain. I
have to change to a workgroupo, reboot, change back to the domain,
reboot, before I can login again. If I go back into suse, bhen back to
XP again, have to do it all over again.

Art,

aren't you using the same computer name for both XP and Linux and adding both to
the domain? If so, it can't work. If you want to have a dual-boot computer
being part of a Windows Domain, you'll have to use two different hostnames for
the Windows and Linux systems. If not, each time you add one system to the
domain, you're removing the other.

Anyone have any suggestions furtther or knows where the yast samba
client app puts the info when you first set it up?

Art

Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
Network Manager and Systems Administrator
Angra do HeroĆ­smo Nursing School (ESEnfAH)