SuSE 7.1 Recovery
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:43:52 -0400
For reasons related to work, I use one box that used to (and still needs to ) dual boot with win98se. A few days ago the 98 side went totally south, and cannot even be fiddled with in safe mode. Thus I need to reload 98 which will over write the LILO boot loader. No problem except that I can't find any way to actually reload LILO.

I've tried to make a set of boot disks but can't find any means for doing it and even so all those I've made in the past with later versions of SuSE have failed to work. I just created a boot floppy from the YaST2 menu from the Custom LILO screen, but it fails to boot at all even with the bios set to boot from legacy floppy first.

What I'm looking for is a method by which I can re-install LILO as the boot loader AFTER the re-install of 98se has restored the MBR.

tia,

dave
--
David C. Johanson