can't send from Kmail
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:08:25 -0400
I can receive kmail, but I can't send it.
On the configure screen, under "Network"
I've got under "name" my email address, and
under type I've got smtp.
Down below, under "Default Domain, I changed
"Linux" to "mail.optonline.net"
which doesn't seem to make any difference.

In Eudora Pro 4, for Windows, the smpt server is
set for mail.optonline.net and the pop3 server is
the same.

I looked at the help file, but could not seem
to understand what they mean.

This machine (Win98) and the Linux machine are
both connected to a Linksys firewall router to
a cable network.

So what have I done wrong?

PS: Does anyone know if Eudora will run under WINE?

< Previous Next >