Re: [SLE] DISSAPOINTING: Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1, fails to read /dev/hda partitions...
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:41:03 +0200
Op vrijdag 14 mei 2004 11:02, schreef Radu Voicu:
> Let us know when the workaround (another CD1 ISO image or any
> workaround) will be available for download - I have a couple of machines
> with XFS / partitions waiting for the upgrade :)))

Radu,

did you see this one already:
http://portal.suse.de/sdb/en/2004/04/91_xfsfix.html

If your computer is equipped with a floppy drive, download the floppy image
xfs_hotfix.img and copy it to a floppy disk with the command dd. For further
information on how to create a floppy disk refer to
Creating Boot and Modules Floppy Disks
Insert the floppy in your floppy drive immediately after booting from the
first CD or DVD. The floppy disk installs a kernel hotfix that enables you to
use XFS partitions with SUSE LINUX 9.1. Once the installation is completed,
it is strongly recommended to install the latest update kernel by means of
our on-line update tool YOU.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless