How's SuSE 9.1? Any fix for the php/mysql problem?
  • From: Preston Crawford <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:03:46 -0700
I'm a former SuSE user, current Fedora user. I'm thinking of switching.
I switched from SuSE to Fedora after 8.2, mostly because I was afraid
(after the Novell purchase) that the licensing for SuSE Pro would change
abruptly and thus SuSE would be a dead end. This has turned out not to
be the case and I'm kind of getting antsy about upgrading every 5 months
or whatever with Fedora, so I'm wondering how SuSE 9.1 is? Should I
consider it? Did they fix the problem where mysql isn't compiled as an
option with PHP? And a final question, would it be better to go with 9.0
for any reason? Having used Fedora for the last few months I'm loathe to
switch, mostly because I've come to really enjoy using newer versions of
Gnome, Epiphany and Evolution. So I hate to "downgrade", but I want a
stable system and some of what I'm hearing about 9.1 isn't good. So what
do you out there running say?

Preston