Re: [SLE] Loading module for network card - 3c509
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:23:06 +0200
On Friday 14 May 2004 17.14, Fergus Wilde wrote:
> What modules do you think might be colliding? When it boots, there are no
> ethernet modules loaded.

Well, no, now that I read the rest of the thread I see that it loads when you
do it from yast. perhaps it's a bad irq that some others have suggested.

The syntax is very simple

alias eth0 3c509

as I told you yesterday off-list. If it requires any special parameters, you
can add them with

options 3c509 irq=10

for example. When yast loads the module, it may be possible to see in the log
files /var/log/messages or /var/log/YaST2/* what it uses as parameters.

I'm disinclined to believe that this is the whole story though, since it
loaded fine without parameters when you did it through the initrd. I suspect
some other module that loads steals the IRQ (or some other resource). If you
can find out which, then it would be possible to force the module load order

< Previous Next >