Re: [SLE] Huge boot delay with 9.1
  • From: Tim Nicholson <tim.nicholson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:29:54 +0100
Vince Littler wrote:
Can anyone throw any light on this?

9.0 boots normally, with 2.4.21-215-athlon. However 9.1, newly installed to a spare partition, loads via GRUB and hangs for exactly 2 minutes as far as I can tell, before proceeding to boot quite normally. This hang also affects the DVD boot process, I believe.

I have noticed on 9.0 a similar problem on the first restart after a lock up/crash. There is also then a long delay whilst the reiserFS transaction log is replayed. Thereafter the boot up returns to its normal speed.

I wonder if the dual booting means that the logs are not sync'ed or somesuch, so that a similar situation arises?

--
Tim Nicholson

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.