Re: [SLE] New kernel install
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 01:48:38 +0200
On Friday 14 May 2004 01.48, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> What do I need to do, prior to rebooting, after a new kernel install?
> As I'm using grub for a bootloader, would I just run 'mk_initrd'? The
> kernel is from kernel-of-the-day via an apt-get dist-upgrade.

A quick prayer might be in order :)

Yes, all you need to do is a mk_initrd, but remember that the kotd kernels are
frequently broken. You'd do well to keep a) a rescue CD, and b) the older
kernel rpm around (if you installed the kotd with an upgrade, the old kernel
will now be gone)

After the reboot you will need to reinstall the nvidia driver, if you have
such a card