Re: [SLE] Installing 9.1 on AMD 64-Bit
  • From: Chris Carlen <crcarle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:36:06 -0700
Anthony Brock wrote:
We've just received our copy of SuSE 9.1. I would like to install this onto an AMD 64-Bit server, but the machine only has a cdrom. Do I have to setup a network install for this one machine (sharing the DVD from another machine), or is it possible to install the 64-Bit OS from the CD's that shipped in the product?

Tony

I just asked something similar, and it appears the 64-bit is only on the DVD. So that makes the choices:

1. get a DVD drive

or

2. share the DVD over the network from a machine with a DVD.

I suppose you could try to move the DVD contents to CDs, but that might involve problems worse than the choices above.

Good luck.

--
Christopher R. Carlen