Samba/Wnbind on SuSE 9.0
I have set up Samba using Winbind as suggested in the Samba How-to and in
the Official How-to book and there are parts that seem to work very well.
When I login into the box, I see all of my domain users appearing as
possible users (more on this though), I can set up permissions on shares and
folders using domain users and groups with it validating those names against
the domain controller. However, from a windows box (XP, 2000, NT) I can
see the shares, but can't open them. When I try to log in using one of the
domain user names, it accepts the password, then displays a dialog box
stating that my access has been disabled.

We are starting a project to replace our Windows servers with LINUX servers
and I'd like to validate against the existing domain controller until we are
ready to replace that box. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks!

David Christensen
Brokers International, Ltd.
1200 E Main St