SUSE 9.1 and nvidia
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:59:44 +0100
I've just installed my new 9.1 on my main PC, and it's working OK. One problem
that's persisted from previous versions, though, is the total inability to run
the nvidia driver. I installed it through YOU (and what a long update *that*
is for a new product!) and it installs fine. However, just as it always has,
it fails to find any usable modes when the config test is run. So, I've got to
resort to the nv driver again.

My monitor is an Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, and it fails both when
configured properly and as a standard VESA 1600x1200, 70 Hz monitor.

Any ideas for how to get gfx accel working?

TiA

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games