Re: [SLE] Someone subscribed via Win32 is infected
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:37:15 +0100
Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:

I expect better of the people on this list even when stuck using win32. The only problem might be an office where win32 is maintained as policy
and anti virus software is not maintained. I know people here would
care for their own machines properly. I keep my win32 drive inactive
when not needed it cant cause problems.

CWSIV

<STUFF DELETED>
The virus/worm writers know they are always one step ahead, so being bang up-to-date on the antivirus side is no guarantee as evidenced by my erstwhile employer where they were paranoid about keeping antivirus bang up to date, but suffered major damage on more than one occasion. May be they could have been more proactive with MS patch updates as typically the virus created havoc, then the fix got applied. Vulnerability due to holes with no available fixes until after the infection spreads being another headache.
It ain't pretty at all, but it comes with the territory and people in corporate-land learn to live with it and loathe Linux.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >