Re: [SLE] RevTeX and LaTeX
  • From: Andres Augusto Nogueiras Melendez <aaugusto@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:26:15 +0200
Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:

I've got to use RevTeX to write scientific papers. A friend of mice states the following:
" if you have LaTeX installed on your machine, you don't really need to install anything else, you just put the revtex4.cls file and a few other files in the directory where all LaTeX cls files are and that's it."

On my home computer I run SuSE 8.2 ... no time for upgrading anc

computer "cleaaning" and "back-ups" now.
The more urgent thing to do is to submit the paper at present.

I know how you feel ... ;-)

I have LateX installed on my computer:

mauede@linux:~> which latex
/usr/bin/latex

But I do not know where the "cls" files are.
Does anyone have any experience at coupling RefTeX and LaTeX ?

user@home> find /usr -name '*cls'
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/report.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ltxguide.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ltxdoc.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/slides.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/IEEEtran.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/article.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ltnews.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/letter.cls
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/proc.cls

so, as *ROOT* copy the .cls file to directory /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base and then execute:

root# texhash

This will redo the latex configuration to "know" the new class

Give a try to LyX, is a good front end. Just two days of learning and you will see how easy is.

--
-- Yo uso linux, y descubrí que usando windows se gasta más, --
-- se produce menos y pagan igual --

[ Prof. Andres Augusto Nogueiras Melendez ]
[ Departamento de Tecnologia Electronica - Universidad de Vigo ]
[ Campus Lagoas Marcosende, 9 http://www.dte.uvigo.es ]
[ 36280 - Vigo, Pontevedra mailto:aaugvsto@xxxxxxxx ]
[ Spain tel: +34 986 812 091 fax: +34 986 469 547 ]