Re: [SLE] Slipstream 9.1?
  • From: Riccardo Facchini <abief_ag_-suseml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 12 May 2004 15:37, Riccardo Facchini wrote:
> > Given the amount of errors I'm reading about 9.1 (and not planning
> > start a flame war, just asking). Is there any procedure to
> slipstream a
> > 9.1 DVD starting from a Stock 9.1 DVD + all the available patches?
> >
> > may be interesting to install a 9.1 up-to-date from day one...
> don't
> > you think so?
>
> While this is probably not exactly what you had in mind, YaST2 will
> offer you
> all available updates via YOU (YaST Online Update) during the initial
>
> install. Of course, this needs a working internet connection.
>

> Greetings from Bremen
> hartmut
[snip]

Yes, but what I was thinking was to prepare 1 or 2 DVD at one location
(where I have a fast line and a burner) and then being able to do an
upgrade and/or fresh install at another location (where I don't have a
fast line, nor a burner, and I do have 9 boxes to do).

regards,

=====
Riccardo G. Facchini