Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 "live CD" won't install :o(
** Reply to message from Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, 13 May
2004 00:52:11 +0200

> On Thursday 13 May 2004 00.47, Gil Weber wrote:
> > ** Reply to message from Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, 13
> > > Did you try "NOHOTPLUG=1"?
> >
> > Anders, thanks for reply. Unfortunately "nohotplug=1" did not help in
> > either regular or "safe" mode.
>
> From looking at the hotplug script, it looks like case is important, so try
> "NOHOTPLUG=1" instead of "nohotplug=1"

OK, Anders. I tried "NOHOTPLUG=1" and that did let the pooter get past
"Starting PCMCIA." However.... :o)
Still problems.

After going past the place where it had been hanging the CD loaded until the
screen displayed: "linux login:"

And there it sat.

So I typed "linux" and pressed ENTER.

It then displayed: "Have a lot of fun" and then "linux@linux:~" That seemed so
promising but again it just sat.

So I typed: "startx" and I got the following: "No link to /var/X11R6/bin/X to
the correct X server binary. Please confirm the correct X server with SaX/SaX2
which will create the missing link. I'm aborting now."

And then it just sat... and it sat.... and it sat...

Seems as if we're getting closer, but still something preventing the CD from

Thx. :o)
Gil

< Previous Next >