Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 "live CD" won't install :o(
** Reply to message from Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, 13 May
2004 00:25:24 +0200

> On Thursday 13 May 2004 00.15, Gil Weber wrote:
> > Yenta_socket???? What is that?
>
> A yenta is a match maker. And if you want to stick your little thingy into the
> little hole, such a thing is needed, no? :)
>
> Specifically, it's a driver for several types of PCMCIA cards. One table that
> shows what it handles is at
>
> http://www-oss.fnal.gov/projects/fermilinux/731/pcmciatable.html
>
> > I also was advised by SuSE (San Francisco) to try typing "nopcmcia=1" as
> > the boot option at start up. That did not help. I also tried this in "safe"
> > mode. That also did not help. In both cases SuSE still hung at "Starting
> > PCMCIA."
>
> Did you try "NOHOTPLUG=1"?

Anders, thanks for reply. Unfortunately "nohotplug=1" did not help in either
regular or "safe" mode. Still hangs at "Starting PCMCIA." However, this time I
observed an additional item in both cases (I don't know if this was there
previously or if it's only now appeared with the new "nohotplug=1" boot
option). The shutdown line I just noticed says "Module PCMCIA core is in use."

And as for yenta=match-maker. ;o) Wife and I are rolling on the floor
laughing. Even in Scandanavia you have yentas??? ;o)

Gil