Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 "live CD" won't install :o(
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:25:24 +0200
On Thursday 13 May 2004 00.15, Gil Weber wrote:
> Yenta_socket???? What is that?

A yenta is a match maker. And if you want to stick your little thingy into the
little hole, such a thing is needed, no? :)

Specifically, it's a driver for several types of PCMCIA cards. One table that
shows what it handles is at

http://www-oss.fnal.gov/projects/fermilinux/731/pcmciatable.html

> I also was advised by SuSE (San Francisco) to try typing "nopcmcia=1" as
> the boot option at start up. That did not help. I also tried this in "safe"
> mode. That also did not help. In both cases SuSE still hung at "Starting
> PCMCIA."

Did you try "NOHOTPLUG=1"?