K3B Installation "cannot find -logg"
  • From: wmeler <wmeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:45:09 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I am trying to install k3b v0.11.9. I managed to get the configuation okay such that running ./configure gets me the following:

Configure results:
Ogg Vorbis support: no
You are missing the Ogg-Vorbis headers and libraries
The Ogg Vorbis decoding and encoding plugins won't be compiled.

Mp3 decoding support (libmad): yes
ID3 Tag handling with libid3: no
Using KFileMetaInfo instead.

FLAC support: no
You are missing the FLAC++ headers and libraries
The FLAC decoding plugin won't be compiled.

Audio resampling: using K3b version

Resmgr support: no

Audioplayer available (aRts) yes

Compile K3bSetup 2: yes

The first time I ran make after that, eveyrhing compiled and built and linked properly. But when I ran "make check" I saw some issues, which I dealt with. However, now I am getting the following error:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/3.2.2/../../../../i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -logg

I managed to find this in the Makefiles of one of the subdirectories of the installation, but I cannot get rid of the problem. Can someone give me a pointer as to where to put this library and where to obtain it? I don't understand how .la and .so files work at all.

Thanks!

Cheers,
wmeler